After determining a system size for your budget and energy needs, evaluate your options more closely.
- Contact local professionals and/or connect with others in the area who have installed renewable energy options for more information.
- Review this Consumer Checklist for additional considerations.
- In some cases, leasing options may be available. Read more in this Institute for Local Self-Reliance article evaluating financial approaches.
- Compare this investment to other renewable options such as solar hot water, wind, and wood.
- Explore community solar offerings as these may be more financially viable for your location.